Monday, 17 July 2017

MY MATERNITY PHOTOSHOOT ♥ | Thank you Recommend.my 😘

Assalamualaikum and yes we're still in our festive mood I guess?
.
.
Eid Mubarak people!
.
.
This post has been one of my longest await ever to share with you guys as it's one of our greatest memories and journey as a husband and wife. Thank you for those who have been praying for us and our little #YKFamily ♥ 
.
.
This post is specially made for us and our little ones to reminisce back in the future insyaAllah ♥



========================================================================
Yes! I know we as a woman would love to immortalize our love in the most best and possible way ever right. And photography is one of it. So, after we received our greatest news that I actually conceived on last January, we planned to carve our memories in this parenting journey in a photograph. 

Well, one thing you should know about me is that I like to take pictures but you know those silly candid pictures. Not the you need to get ready with makeup and dress stuffs type. After I met my husband, literally after we decided to further our relationship into the next step (marriage), he proposed to me on having our Pre-Wedd pictures (click here to see the pictures) photographed by his friend (which I thought that would be the end of it). Nope. Yup. It didn't end there. Who would have thought that a guy is much more eager and keen in his memories to be photographed than a woman right? (I'm talking about myself here 😌 ) So, we had our normal solemnisation and wedding reception indoor and outdoor pictures photographed (as this is compulsory, obviously duhh 😏 ) . And soon after my husband side's of reception finished (which ofc we had it photographed as well) he suddenly said, 

"Sayang, can we have our Post Wedd pictures?" 
And I was like, "What? Again? Photoshoot?" 

And FYI, by the time he asked me that question, I was at the start of my crucial moment of my morning sickness. Like literally. I cannot smell any perfumes (even my favourite Ellie Saab and my husband smell), I cannot stay in the car for a long time because the air-cond in the car makes me want to vomit, and duhhh almost every half an hour I will feel like I want to vomit (normal lah kan. Pregnant lady 😂 ) So, we had our post-wedd pictures done too afterwards. You can see the changes of me from the Pre-Wedd to the Wedding Days, Post Wedd and finally my #babyYKjourney !

Okay, back to the title story. Hahaha. On last 11th May, I came to work and my boss suddenly said to me that he came across on a post for a Maternity Photoshoot Contest. He was like, 

"Hey, why don't you try this? You can get it for FREE anyway. No harm in trying."
Yes. Winner will get a Maternity Photoshoot worth RM500 for FREE.
 And I was like, 
"If I have time, I'll consider on taking part boss".

Apparently, it took me 2 days to think about this. Well, it's just because I need to have the mood first you know in order to participate this with my whole heart (hahaha). So, I participated it without having any hope of wining it ofc. I participated it just because my boss suggested it to me and I told my husband he asked me to go for it (my husband is really into this contest thingy, as long as there's a price to be won, he'll be there I'm telling you. Hahaha)

Recommend.my is the one that had this contest run from the 11th May-19th May in conjunction with the Mother's Day. All we have to do was to share our message to our little ones and why you want to named your baby as you wish (if you have had one in mind). It was open for Mummy-to-be (like me) out there. So, here's the how it went :


It was fully sponsored by the AG Art Gallery .

You can click on the pictures above to see the full version of my message to our #babyYK. 

And after receiving that reply on my post, I was like. Okay. Maybe I didn't win this anyway. So, yeah. But suddenly, on 23rd May afternoon I received a phone call from Recommend.my itself! Right after the phone call, I received the official email. 

Yeay! I'm not dreaming and it wasn't a scam call after all! (I said to myself haha)
Thank you so much. 
I feel so blessed at that time and couldn't believe myself that I won it 🎉🎈😍 🎈♥ 


Since it was about the Holy Month of Ramadhan, I contacted the photographer to arrange our photoshoot on our festive season of Hari Raya. We had all set up, I contacted my dearest friend that's the best in doing my makeup and I bought some 'kain' to had it sewn by my lovely sister in law (which is superbly good in sewing) . And I also have bought a beautiful lace (like seriously beautiful and worth every penny) from this good seller of Jizanlykl . If ever you are thinking to get yourself a pair of a good lace for your own custom made dress, she is the one you should in contact with. It was my first time to buy a lace on online (because you know how picky a lady is, that normally they want to see, touch and feel the thing first before buying it thingy) and it really is worth it. Thank you again Jizanlykl ♥ 

Here's the process of the dress making :

Thank you Kak Ain for sewing my dress  ♥
You can see the bling bling lace and how it look so perfect right? 😍💋
Ya rabbi lawanya lace tu...
And oh, this is not a sponsored ads ya. Haha. 
This is a really sincere compliment from a satisfied customer. 

And my makeup was done by one of my great friend Fatin Umar (click here to see her makeup touch) who is now working as the Make Up Artist for a station Tv called TV Al-Hijrah. Oh, I didn't tell you that she have witnessed my days from my engagement (you can click here to view my simple engagement look) , to my wedding day and now it's the #babyYKjourney ! She knows how I prefer my look to be done in a natural and simple way and she never disappoints me! Thank you Fatin ♥ 
.
.
Now, who's up for the pictures? 🙈
.
.
Let's start from the very beginning of my Pre-Wedd to the Maternity Shoot ya
( just give me the chance to reminisce back my old shape please. Haha)

Pre-Wedd Day


Solemnization Day
Make Up was perfectly done by Fatin Umar ♥


Reception Day


Husband's Side of Reception
Make Up done again by Fatin Umar ♥

Post Wedd Day
Again, makeup by Fatin. Awww, she's like my personal jiran sebelah MUA. Haha
.
.
.
Let's see the recent photos taken by the AG Art Gallery. 
.
.
.

Eh. Teaser dulu sikit. Malu ni 🙈🙉

.
.

Smile #babyYK 🙈

.
.

Okay. We tried our very best to smile for this picture. But can you see our #babyYK smile too? Hahaha

.
.

Just let me sit for a while. Penat diri lama lama acah acah senyum dari tadi haha

.
.

#babyYK , papa said he'll teach you Japan language so that he can gossip with you without me understand it (because I really have a hard time learning those Japanese stuffs thingy baby)

.
.

A big thanks to Recommend.my and Andrew from AG Art Gallery for the prize and time for us to immortalize one of our big moments in this life ♥ It was our first time to had a photoshoot with a Chinese photographer and it was FUNNNN! We had so much fun that we didn't realize that the time was ticking away. Andrew helped us a lot during the photoshoot (well, since we are not pro's ofc lah kan) we need help so much. FYI, Andrew has experienced in photographed not only maternity pictures, but also weddings too! Do visit his website to see more his superb works. And because of his help, TADAAA! The pictures are all so nice! (I have not been paid to say this okay) And thank you Fatin Umar for the always-be-there-personal-MUA of mine that always make my look so fresh and natural. Thank you to Jizanlykl for the superb material of lace that I had on my specially made by my sister in law. I will surely going to show our #babyYK these pictures and who have been helping out us. 

.
.
Please pray for our journey and #babyYKjourney as we're counting our days to meet our little ones. 
*P/s : If you have any baby products or maternity you want me to review of, kindly drop an email at khalidahabdhadi@gmail.com



Xx,
KY.